Guiding Clients in the Salinas Area Through the Bankruptcy Process
Are you struggling to make all your required payments each month? Are you dodging creditor calls and letters? Do you have a legal judgment against or a wage garnishment? Do you not see a way out of your financial situation?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you might be a good candidate for bankruptcy. Bankruptcy provides lawful relief from your debt obligations with certain requirements in return. Many individuals and married couples obtain successful discharges of their debts each year, allowing them to take back control of their finances. To learn more about your possible debt-relief options, contact the office of Miranda, Magden & Miranda, LLP, to discuss your situation with our bankruptcy lawyers in Salinas.
How Bankruptcy Works
While almost everyone has heard of bankruptcy as a debt relief tool, you might not understand exactly how the process works. Bankruptcy laws set our specific requirements and procedures for each bankruptcy case, so you want an experienced bankruptcy attorney handling yours from start to finish. There are many steps in the bankruptcy process, including:
- Evaluating your situation and advising you whether bankruptcy is the right decision
- Determining which type of consumer bankruptcy – Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 – is the right one for you
- For Chapter 7, assessing your property and assets to apply maximum exemptions
- Ensuring you meet the credit counseling and residency requirements
- Preparing and filing your bankruptcy petition and all supporting schedules and documents
- Representing you to the bankruptcy trustee and in any needed court hearings
- For Chapter 13, ensuring that your repayment plan is reasonable in light of your income
- Seeking a Chapter 13 repayment plan modification when necessary
- Helping to ensure you receive a successful discharge of your qualified debts
Each step of the bankruptcy process is important to the overall success of your case. Any errors can result in delays or the dismissal of your case without a discharge. It is always worth it to have the right legal assistance every step of the way.
Life after Bankruptcy
After bankruptcy, many people are able to rebuild their credit, so they qualify for financing in the future. You should stick to a reasonable budget and ensure that you make responsible debt decisions. You can also live your life free from the constant stress and weight of debt collectors, unpaid bills, and more. Do not hesitate to find out how you can achieve a fresh start with your finances today.
Contact Our Bankruptcy Lawyers in Salinas as Soon as Possible
Waiting for debts to magically disappear or ignoring a dire financial situation will only make things worse. Instead, you should not delay in contacting the law firm of Miranda, Magden & Miranda, LLP. Our bankruptcy lawyers in Salinas are committed to protecting the interests of clients facing overwhelming debt and other financial problems. Our goal is to improve your situation, so please contact us today for more information about how we can help.